My Headwraps


Some of Y'all Lovely Ladies have contacted me, asking about my pretty headwraps.  Thank you so much for your compliments and kind words!  Some of you have asked why I choose to cover my head.  That's a great question, and I love to talk about it, so  I think I'll make a short video soon to explain what led me to my decision to cover.  But for now, I'll share a few of my personal experiences since I've been wrapping.

I've been covering, or wrapping, full-time for almost two years now.  What I mean is that I wear a scarf (or scarves) around my head or hair daily.  And while I sometimes get a long stare, more often than not, other ladies will stop me and compliment my wrap, saying I look like royalty.  Wow!  :blushing:


I live in deep south Texas, and around here, most people speak Spanish (yes, I'm fluently bilingual).  So last week, I was walking through Hobby Lobby and an older woman tapped my shoulder as I was about to round a corner, and said, "Te ves muy bonita!"  {You look very pretty!}  I wish you could have seen the compassion in her face and the joy glittering in her eyes when she said that to me!  I was almost moved to tears!

A couple of weeks ago, I was standing in the fabric department of WalMart, and a Hispanic gentleman walks by with his wife & young son.  Pointing to my headwrap, he asked, "Did you make that yourself?"  I replied that yes, I wrapped two long scarves to design this look.  He looked at his wife and said with a wink, "Tu lo puedes hacer tambien." {You can do that, too.}  


Some women cover for religious reasons, some for medical necessity, and others for fashion.  My reasons are deep, personal convictions, which I'm happy to share with you.  So, I will upload a video soon to talk about it.

I often upload pics of my wraps to my FB and Instagram accounts.  So, if you're interested in seeing my Instagram posts, here's a link:  https://www.instagram.com/happeesupermom/.

Until our next moment together:  Shalom, Y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erev Shabbat Wrap!

Snapped.